SPM-Biocameltec offers laboratories and animal facility both with state-of the art equipment as well as animal housing with conditions that meet the highest international standards for antibody development and production.
SPM-Biocameltec has a high capability of producing polyclonal antibodies. We offer a cost-effective service and are able to produce large batches of immunserum (more than 100 Liters each).
In addition to conventional antibodies, SPM-Biocameltec proposes the production of unconventional antibodies called HcAb for heavy chain only antibodies
from camelids (polyclonal immuserum and whole lymphocytes for the engineering of nanobodies)
- Polyclonal antibodies production
Custom polyclonal antibody production is accomplished using a wide variety of species. We are able to provide immunserum from rabbit, goat, chicken, sheep, goat, donkey, horse ...
- HcAb (heavy chain only antibodies) production from camelid
IgG from camelid have a MW 100 kDa (conventional IgG; 150 KDa), and there antigen binding domain represents only 12 -15 kDa. This characteristic (lower MW) gives to camelid antibodies there unique properties: to recognize inaccessible epitopes, and to penetrate tissue and cells easily, to resist to large pH and temperature variations.
For all these reasons camelid antibodies are attracting a lot of interest as potential therapeutics and diagnostics
SPM-Biocameltec is able to assist you for the production of polyclonal antibodies from dromedary. To allow you for the evaluation of the ’efficacy of these particular antibodies, SPM-Biocameltec proposes also rabbit and goat anti-dromedary antibodies (these secondary antibodies could be conjugated on demand).
|Standard Protocole of Immunization
- Protocol duration: nearly 100 days.
- Antigen: nearly 2mg /dromedary.
- Number of Immunizations: 4/animal.
- Non-immune sample: 20ml.
- Immune-serum Production: 2 samples called sample of production (500 ml minimum).
- Control: intermediate sampling from the 2° immunization and the final sampling for IgG production could be performed if needed for the determination of the optimal immune-response
|Protocole Work Flow
- Day 1: pre-immunization sampling and injection of Freund’s adjuvant
- Day 21: the first antigen injection
- Day 42: the second antigen injection
- Day 53: sampling for test
- Day 62: the third antigen injection
- Day 71: the 1st immune-serum « production »
- Day 76: the forth antigen injection
- Day 96: the 2d immune-serum « production »
- Animal housing is maintained and dromedary(s) could be re-immunized (once/month) if needed for a long term antibody production
- Antibody purification and characterization
: Immune-serum titration, IgG precipitation and purification of specific antibodies.
- Other biological products:
Blood and its derived components (erythrocytes, plasma & serum, lysate-reticulocytes…) from different animal species (horse, sheep, camel, goat, rabbit…).